Listen and complete the dialogue
1. did you hear the news?
2. Can you believe it?
3. he wanted to spend time with his family
4. Is he having a farewell party?
5. Do we need to bring anything?
6. I guess I’ll see you there.
2. to retire
6. to trade
Rewrite the sentences
1. If she had called us earlier we could have gotten everything organized on time.
2. Wouldn’t you be upset too if you had been laid of?
3. He had traded all of his stocks and investment before we had a chance to talk.
4. I wouldn’t have known she had so much talent if she wouldn’t have gotten that internship.
5. All of the guests already had settled into their seats when the speaker arrived.
6. I don’t think they would have liked the movie very much